Thursday, March 19, 2009

Great SQL Server Maintenance Article

I know a lot of people are using SQL Server 2005/2008 Express for production (though they shouldn't). I also know folks are using the cheaper SQL Server 2008 Web version for web databases. Both of these databases lack some maintenance and backup features that their more expensive cousins have. If you find yourself needing those features but unable to afford them, this article might help.

http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/SQLExamples/Wiki/View.aspx?title=ExpressMaintenance&referringTitle=Home

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey infocyde,

I couldn't find any contact info for you, so I found your blog...

Anyways, about a year ago you bought by image cropper on FlashDen, and asked for some new features... I finally got around to rebuilding the cropper in AS3, and it's heaps better.

About to post it up on FlashDen, but wanted to get some end user feedback to make sure I didn't miss something first. Would you mind checking it out?

http://www.gigafied.com/dev/cropper/

you can email me at taka@gigafied.com

thanks.