Oh my friend WCF. My latest love affair with WCF occured when connecting to an unsecured asmx web service for testing using WCF. I added a service reference to my web project, the proxy classes created fine, so I connected and...hang!
I ended up using the srvutil to output a config file that had different settings then the auto generated config entries for binding that WCF created when adding the service reference to my project. Using the new config file actually worked, but be careful, because I think WCF will cache server reponses for a minute or two. I know this doesn't make any sense, but it seems like if you change the config settings, fire up your project again, and try to connect, you will error out unless you wait a minute or two. Just a tip.
Anyway, here is a link for dealing with WCF using Srvutil.
and a link for WCF bindings