Friday, January 18, 2013

Sharepoint 2013

If you are an old SharePoint hack, the latest release of SharePoint 2013 might be exciting for you.  If you are coming into SharePoint as a complete noobie, I'd advise taking a pass. I've been fooling around with it for a few weeks off and on now, and so far I'm very under impressed.

I've run into all sorts of configuration issues that cause needed admin menu links (like to the design manager) to be missing or some features to not even work at all.  I'm having a hard time getting simple jQuery plugins to work even though 2013 SharePoint is advertised as being HTML 5 / Javascript friendly.  I'm sure I'm doing things wrong, but it shouldn't be as hard as it is.  Sometimes if things seem to have a steep learning curve to get hello world working I lose enthusiasm for them quickly.  Might be my bad I guess.  As I get older I just want things to work as advertised and not have to f**k with them to get basic functionality going.



No comments: