Monday, June 09, 2014

WCFExtras No Longer Needed In ASP.Net 4.5+ For Flat WSDLs

So I started a new WCF Service Application Project in Visual Studio 2013.  I soon ran into the "Where are all the missing parts of my WSDL?"  I then remembered something about needing WCFExtras to generate "flat" WSDLs with all the pieces parts in WCF.  In googling around about the difference between WCFExtras and WCFExtrasPlus was I found some good news...

WCF in the .Net framework 4.5+ will generate "flat" WSDLs for you without the need of WCFExtras!

All you need to do is have your connecting clients point themselves to..

http://someurl/someport/someservice.svc?singlewsdl

Just add the ?singwsdl at the end of your service.svc and the full WSDL for your WCF is exposed without any missing pieces parts.

Win.

Here is a [LINK] for more info.

No comments: