Thursday, October 30, 2008

Interesting...

For me, blogging is a fun diversion. I do track my stats, respond to comments, and post often. I wouldn't call my blog any where near a "professional" blog. If it was, I'd spell check and read things thrice before posting, get a real code poster, and put more effort into posting items that tend to get the most hits. I would also keep my politics to myself, as most coders (the majority of my hits) aren't interested in what I have to say, and probably not politics in general.

So in the history of my blog, I've only ever got one negative comment before today, and that is when I hot linked to some one's image. They didn't like it, I delinked, and everybody was good. Interestingly though, now that I put my "friends don't let friend's vote democratic" link up, I've gotten a few more negative post, not about politics, but about technical stuff. I think it is "pay back" for my obvious political stances.

Just an interesting observation on human psychology.

Well, the anti-democratic side bar stays up till after the election. Not that this is an endorsement for McCain, but I just can't see giving the democratic party another chance at electing activist judges, not funding our military, further ruining the schools, limiting free speech, letting 80k abortions a year happen, redefine marriage, etc... Sorry, can't do it, no matter how much I'm at odds with the repubs some times. I even worked for the repubs in college but I saw their version of corruption first hand so I quit.

So a lot of people want change, and again I'm not saying the repubs are the answer, just that the dems aren't. Change might come, but be careful what you wish for.

No comments: