For some reason changing the header text as suggested in the example for me didn't work. I need to change the header text names at runtime due to the headers need to be translated into the viewing clients language. But in fooling around I found a neat trick that did work. It might not be too efficient, but it got what I wanted to get done done.
My Radgrid was bound to a sqldatasource. So I added a new selected event handler on the Page.Init like so-
protected void Page_Init (object sender, EventArgs e)
new SqlDataSourceStatusEventHandler (myDataSet_Selected);
void myDataSet_Selected (object sender, SqlDataSourceStatusEventArgs e)
foreach (GridColumn column in myGridView.Columns)
if (column.UniqueName == "some name" )
(column as GridBoundColumn ).HeaderText =
"whatever the translated text is";
It works! Hope this helps someone.