Friday, December 05, 2008

Fallen Sword: A Quick Review

So to continue on with my latest trip, browser based MMO’s, I’m doing a quick review of the Browser based MMO Fallen Sword. I’ve played only for a little over a week, but the game is highly addictive. I’m only level 17 so there is still a lot of game I would like to see.


For a casual RPG game, I would rate this game 5 out of 5 stars.
Here is a very quick recap of what I liked about the game.


What I like


  • The Game is easy, there is a somewhat clear path of quest to gain items
  • It is easy to level up
  • PvP is kept at +- 5 levels
  • The graphic artistry is very good
  • Like the items and the powers they provide
  • Guild system is awesome


What Could Be Improved


  • The map is kind of small, could be ajaxed
  • Don’t like the Guild Text alerts.
  • Group combat could be improved, obvious add in
  • If you belong to powerful guild and are a low level character, things are too easy in combat
  • Combat grind can be tedious
  • Skill/Spell tree could be expanded
  • Broken items are kind of a nag
  • Could offer a live chat for guild
  • There was kind of a gap where you had to grind through slowly at around level 8 and level 14 which might cause some players to drop (actually this gap is experienced a few latter on too, where you are to powerful for the monsters of your level but your are too low a level to do the next batch of quest).

What is Unique/Interesting


  • No classes
  • Can cast “skills” on other characters



For more info, go to fallensword.com

No comments: