Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Power of Twitter

We are becoming a society of self absorbed individuals. It is all about me is the mantra. Some of us pretend to resist this, ignoring things like bloggs, twitter, iPhones, etc.... Others like myself try to embrace the change, and end up getting sucked into the "its all about me" world just like everyone else, even though my intentions I pretend are honorable. "Look at my new blog post!" "Look at my facebook quiz, did you take it?!?" "I've got 100 followers now on Twitter!".

Well, for those of you who like to ignore this trend and the tools of self promotion, here is a cautionary tale of what can happen if you at least don't understand the new medium. The me generation has the tools to punish you if act like an @ss.

http://advanced-twitter-marketing.com/advanced-twitter-marketing/offline-businesses-beware-twitter-is-watching

Also as a side note, this article reveals how Google's search absolutely blows the competition away. I know M$ is trying hard to catch Google with Bing and Yahoo search, good luck :) The following quote is telling-

"All this - and Pete just posted the information THIS MORNING… Already a search for the headline, “Woman Sued for $50,000 Over a Tweet”, shows how viral this type of issue is: searching at Google shows 5,000 references to the article, searching at Yahoo! shows 6 results, and searching at Bing shows 34 results."

Source: (twitter) mparent77772

No comments: